One character's journey through two different locations
This is the first short film task I was assigned at University. I chose to be the cinematographer in this production.
We were given the following rules:
1. One character’s journey through two different locations (progressive action flow but no tight story necessary)
2. Both locations must have a strong and opposite impact on the character (e.g. comfortable vs uncomfortable)
3. The treatment of space has to be linked to the character’s emotion, state of mind and/or character traits (externalise!)
4. Both spaces must be treated differently in terms of editing and cinematography (and ideally mise-en-scene)
5. Use mainly continuity editing (establishing shots, reaction/POV shots, insert shots/cutaways, etc.)